Thursday, February 2, 2012

February Fun

Here we are again , making a monthly post about the happenings at the Dunn Domain. It has been a weird un winter like winter. There has been very little snow and warmer temps many of the days. Although the snow level has been low, it's still gray and gloomy most days and not to appealing to be outside, so we have to find lots of indoor activities. This can be fun, but somedays I swear those "wholly smooth" painted walls of ours starts talking and making jokes at me behind my back. :) Ok, so I promise I'm not going nuts but if our walls could talk they would probably say stuff like, " Hey you with the messy hair and sweat pants (me) , get outside, cause I'm tired of staring at your poor un-sun kissed pale mug!" or " Hey are you going for a world record to see how many Caillou and House Hunters episodes one mom and toddler can watch in a day???" Anyways ... Its not that bad , but I will be so excited when the weather becomes warmer and we can go play in the sunshine.
As stated early , Caillou has become a regular name around these parts . He is a little bald 4 yr old-kid ( who know where his hair went to) with his own cartoon about his life adventures. It is a cute simple little show , but I just don't know why Lily has singles out this particular show! Every morning he wakes up and usually the first thing she wants is to watch good old "Caillou!" She either watches it on the tv or finds it on our phones.. She is a funny gal. :) We love her so much and are enjoying raising her together in love and grace, hopefully pointing her towards the amazing grace and love of our Lord Jesus. Lily loves having her baby bible read to her and we pray with her nightly. Overall I hope through our day to day lives we can show her and teach her about this God that loves her so much, He sent His Son to die for her! There is a song by Jars of Clay , talking about a little girl learning about Jesus and how she "thanks Jesus for the daisies and the roses " ... I think about Lily now when I hear that song and it puts a smile on my face.

No comments: